"I find your observations and interpretations of what's going on very insightful and easier to grasp than most of the leadership/management stuff out there."
- Business Performance and Change Manager, UK plc
In what ways does our approach differ from mainstream consulting practice relating to business performance, organizational change, and leadership and organization development?
Understanding and managing in the real world
We help managers to understand the real-world ‘wiggliness’ of organizational life, and to get to grips with the implications of this for their own leadership practice and business performance. This includes:
- normalising the hidden, messy, and informal dynamics that managers experience every day as the very essence of business performance and organization development
- introducing perspectives on organizational management, change leadership, and business performance that challenge mainstream assumptions of certainty, predictability, and control
- helping managers to reframe their leadership task in ways that resonate much more strongly with their sense of what’s actually going on
- actively participating in conversations around important emerging issues, including using informal coaching and mentoring as a natural part of our ongoing interactions with managers
- providing hands-on consulting and workshop facilitation that is informed by our distinctive informal coalitions and ‘wiggly world’ approach to organizational dynamics.
In particular, we encourage and enable managers to avoid the lure of simplistic, ‘if you do this, you’ll get that’ prescriptions.
Working with us
If you choose to work with us, you will find that we will …
- ask questions
- focus on the here and now of your unique challenges and circumstances, rather than offering pre-packaged, one-size-fits-all ‘solutions’
- help you to look for imaginative ways to meet your emerging business agenda
- work to enable you to achieve meaningful progress in the midst of the unavoidable uncertainties, complexities, and ambiguities that you face day-to-day
- confront issues and constructively challenge your assumptions where necessary, to avoid the value-destroying collusion that can come from simply telling you what you want to hear
- help you to identify and unblock unhelpful patterns of individual and collective thinking and practice that might be inhibiting progress
- openly share our understanding and perspectives with you, so that you can become more knowledgeable and self-sufficient in the areas of change leadership, strategic performance, and organizational dynamics.